CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
CSD&E of IUS has entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the 1st day of June 2018 with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to facilitate and run various Sector Skill Development Programs. NSDC was set up as a part of a National Skill Development Mission to fulfill the growing need in India for skilled manpower across sectors and narrow the existing gap between the demand and supply of skills. It develops appropriate models to enhance, support and coordinate private sector initiatives. IUS and NSDC have mutually agreed to work together to provide Outcome Based Trainings, Assessments and Certifications on Qualification Packs and National Occupational Standards based on National Skills Mission guidelines for trainings on various skill development courses.
The Certificate and Diploma programs that a student can undertake in various disciplines are as follows:
|Certificate and Diploma Programs|
|SNo.||List of Certificate Programs||Hours||Fee||Eligibility|
|1||Leadership & Personality Development||45 hrs||Rs 15,000||12th pass & above|
|2||Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting||45 hrs||Rs 15,000|
|In Hotel, Travel & Tourism|
|1||Tour Guide (Basic)||45 hrs||Rs 20,000||8th pass & above|
|2||Homestay Training||45 hrs||Rs 15,000||8th pass & above|
|3||Food Production||45 hrs||Rs 30,000||10th pass & above|
|4||Bakery||45 hrs||Rs 30,000||10th pass & above|
|5||F&B Service||45 hrs||Rs 10,000||10th pass & above|
|6||Diploma in Culinary Arts||12 months||Rs 75,000||12th pass & above|
|In Legal Studies|
|1||Human Rights||45 hrs||Rs 16,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|2||Consumer Protection Law||45 hrs||Rs 16,000|
|3||Cyber Law||45 hrs||Rs 16,000|
|4||Labor Law||45 hrs||Rs 16,000|
|5||Women & Gender Law||45 hrs||Rs 16,000|
|6||Child Rights||45 hrs||Rs 16,000|
|1||Android Application Development||45 hrs||Rs. 30,000||Graduate in BCA/B.Sc IT or equivalent|
|2||Advanced Java Programming||Rs. 16,000|
|3||Web Designing||Rs. 16,000|
The completed & on-going projects 2018-19 of IUS IC are:
- University APP - Completed
- MOBILE APP for Sikkim State Transports SNT-Launch planned on July 2019
- HAMRO PG, an app for students and employees seeking paying guest in Sikkim
CSD&E is in constant communication with Commerce & Industry Department, MSME, NSDC to seek support on all entrepreneurial aspects related to start-ups and innovation which will help students reach their utmost goal in building their own future. CSD&E will very soon launch IPR Facility Centre at the IUS Campus.
As the IUS Incubation Center is at the very early stage, the initial operation will be focused on nurturing innovative ideas, support in developing the business proposal, support with the industry and related departments linkages, identifying the target market, provide space to work, consultation with the faculties, technological guidance, industry exposure, pre-launch & launch activities, feedback system and contact with the investors.
All students and staffs (including visiting faculties) of IUS who seeks to transform their ideas to reality.
Admission to the IUS Incubation center is open to:
By doing so and by bridging demand-supply gaps, the IC will increase knowledge exploitation while giving birth to:
- Faculty and Staff (Current) including visiting faculty
- Students (Current)
Incubation Process and Support Available
- Submit an e-application form available at IUS website.
- Screening by IUS IC Committee
- Final approval by Incubation committee
Incubatees may be offered shared space IUS IC. Other facilities are
- BRANDING: IUS IC will support the Incubatees with pre-launch & launch program.
- MENTORING: Academic Mentors
- NETWORKING Connect with related departments to leverage collective knowledge
Introduction to Investors
IUS IC Committee
- Dr. Jagannath Patnaik, Chairperson
- Dr. Rabindra Chettri, Member Secretary
- Mr. Rohit Rathi, Special MS
- Mrs. Sandhya R Pant, Director CSD&E, Member
- Mr. Gagan Gurung, IT Assistant Professor, Member
- Mr. Rahul Shah, IT Assistant Professor, Member
- Mr. Dhiraj Jaiswal, IT Assistant Professor , Member
The certificate programs that a student can undertake in various disciplines are as follows:
- Certificate programs in General Functional & Operational Areas
- Certificate programs in Law.
- Certificate programs in Information Technology
- Certificate programs in Hospitality & Tourism Management.
- Certificate programs in Safety Management
- Diploma in Para Medical Courses.
Admissions/registration for Certificate Courses
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Mobile: +91 8116000446 (Director In-Charge)