ICFAI University Sikkim has a zero tolerance towards any act of ragging. Ragging in any form is banned inside and outside the campus. Strict action will be taken against persons flouting this rule; no leniency will be shown. Click here for UGC guidelines
Any conduct by a student, whether by words spoken or written or by an act which includes physical abuse, lewd acts, teasing, rough or rude treatment, indulging in rowdy, undisciplined and obscene activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or mental trauma or raise apprehension or fear in a fresher / junior student or other students or forcing a student to do any act which such a student is not willing to do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment or danger to a student's life or adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Abetment / instigation to ragging / criminal conspiracy to rag.
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging.
- Public nuisance created during ragging, or violation of decency and morals.
- Injury to body, causing hurt / mental trauma.
- Wrongful restraint, confinement.
- Use of criminal force / assault / sexual offences / unnatural offences.
- Extortion / criminal trespassing or intimidation / offences against property.
- Attempt to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim.
- Physical or psychological humiliation.
- Any act / abuse by spoken words, e-mails, snail mails, blogs, public insults etc.
- Any act that prevents disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student.
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits
- Forfeiting campus placement opportunities / recommendations
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding of results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for a period, ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specific period
- Fine to be paid
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
In addition, in case of every single incident of ragging, a First Information Report (FIR) will be filed with the local police authorities. The possible punishment includes rigorous imprisonment (in compliance with the order of Supreme Court of India in the case of University Of Kerala vs Council,Principals',Colleges,Kerala 2009)
Please note that there are two affidavits - Annexure I to be submitted by the student and Annexure II to be submitted by the parent on plain paper. Verification and attestation of oath commissioner is not required. It is mandatory to fill in an Anti Raging Undertaking online, please visit www.antiragging.in or www.amanmovement.org
ICFA University Sikkim has a very potent and vigilant anti ragging squad. The Anti-Ragging Squad will maintain vigil at all times on all days and take action if they notice any incidence of ragging.
In case of emergency please contact:
Anti Ragging Squad (IUS) Helpline Number: 1800-120-8991
National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline)
24x7 Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522