1. Is ICFAI University, Sikkim recognized by UGC?
Yes. The ICFAI University, Sikkim is established under section 4(2) of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Sikkim Act 2004, (Act 9 of 2004) passed by the Legislative Assembly of Sikkim. The University is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956.
2. What are the advantages of studying at the University vis-à-vis studying at an AICTE affiliated college?
There are several advantages of studying directly with the University. Some of these include:
The framing of curriculum and evaluation is entirely under the control of the University. This helps in continuous upgradation of the Programs and is independent in evaluation. An AICTE approved college has to follow another University's syllabus and examination system. For example if a new subject is to be introduced, the University can do it in the same semester. In an affiliated college, it is dependent on the parent public University to have the subject introduced.
Universities have more independence to function in all respects. This translates to flexibility and contemporary approach.
The facilities offered by a University are usually more in comparison to an affiliated college, thus giving you an added advantage.
3. Does the University offer any fee concession to domicile students of Sikkim?
Yes. The University offers fee concession to the domicile students of Sikkim. Please refer the prospectus for more details.
4. Do the banks provide educational loans to the students?
Yes. Several public and private sector banks provide educational loans to the students. Applicants seeking educational loans may approach banks in their respective cities/towns for availing the loans.
5. If I do an Undergraduate program from ICFAI University, Sikkim, can I apply for admission for a master's degree program in a Foreign University?
Yes. Students can pursue higher education in India and abroad. ICFAI University, Sikkim, is empowered to grant degrees under Sec 22 of the UGC Act 1956.
6. Does the University have qualified and trained faculty?
Yes. The University plays a significant role in ensuring quality education through interactive teaching.The faculty bring their extensive knowledge, professional experience and advanced education to their tasks at the University.The faculty members have very good academic record and sound conceptual knowledge in their respective disciplines.They are practising professionals and academicians drawn from the industry and leading institutions.
7. Does the University have its own Campus?
Yes. The University has got its own campus at Sichey.
Click Here for : Virtual Campus Tour
8. How do I contact the University for Information?
Contact the Registrar's office on the following Land Numbers 03592-202065/66, or alternatively you can communicate with the following persons.
1. Mr. S. Ghosh 09434164595 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mr. Tapan Singh 09932593661 email@example.com
3. Mr. P. K. Rai 09832041860 firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Does the MBA Program have AICTE approval?
The ICFAI University, Sikkim, is empowered by UGC to award Degrees under section 22 of UGC Act 1956.
As per the Supreme Court Judgment given in Bharathidasan University Vs AICTE Case, the Programs run by a university do not require AICTE approval. Only institutes and colleges affiliated to a University are required to take the AICTE approval to run the MBA program. So, it does not require AICTE approval to offer the MBA program.
2. Can an MBA student opt for dual specialization? If Yes, then How?
Yes. The students can opt for dual specializtion. The MBA program has the option of electives in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Banking, Investments, Insurance, Accounting and IT & Systems. Students will have the flexibility in choosing more than one course from these elective streams.
Elective courses will be offered subject to a minimum number of students enrolling for a particular elective course and availability of faculty.
3. How many specializations are available in MBA Program?
We are offering specializations by way of 8 Elective Streams in the MBA Program. They are Marketing, HRM, Finance, Banking, Investments, Insurance, Accounting and IT & Systems.
4. What is Summer Internship Program?
In addition to the academic inputs delivered at the classroom, the students are exposed to various industries to get hands on experience in subject related areas. The Summer Internship Program (SIP) helps the students to practically experience the management principles being put into practice in the market place. This enables students to obtain on the job experience and practical exposure in a corporate environment. This also helps the students for placement.
5. Do the students have to stay on campus while pursuing the MBA program?
No. The students do not have to stay on campus while pursuing the MBA Program.
6. How is the performance of the student assessed in the MBA program?
In the MBA Program, performance of the student is assessed through a continuous evaluation process throughout the period of study. Students are evaluated on the basis of class participation, home assignments, case analysis, seminars, projects, tests, etc.
7. What kind of placement support is the student provided?
The training and Placement wing at the University looks after the training and placement activities on a full time and a continuous basis. Utmost importance is given to placement-related activities to ensure that all the students secure suitable placements.
The Placement Managers of the University are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with reputed organizations, assessing requirements and organizing recruitments for students.
The University organizes training and counseling sessions for students to improve their knowledge, skills and attitude and thus develop exposure.
The institution expects the students to participate vigorously in the activities organized to reap maximum benefits.
Eligibility and Admission Process -MBA Program
1. What is the selection process for enrolling into the MBA Program?
The selection process into the MBA Program is based on merit. The application and interview are used as basis for assessment and due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra and co-curricular activities.
2. What is the eligibilitycriteria for enrolling into MBA program?
Graduates in any discipline with 45% and above aggregate marks are eligible to apply. Students in their final year of their bachelor's degree program can also apply for the program.
3. Is a student pursuing final year eligible for MBA program?
Yes. Final year Degree students awaiting results can also apply for the program. However, they should submit their final year results by October 01, 2015.
4. Where is the interview held?
It will be held at the ICFAI University, Sikkim, campus.
5. When will the selection result be declared?
The interview and admission decision will be as per dates given in Admission Calendar. Click here for : Admission Calendar